Send Me A Picture!

Share the Awesome! Have a fun memory and a picture to go with it? Feel like drawing, painting, anything? Send me an awesome (appropriate) picture with a caption and it will become a part of the daily "Picture of Awesome"

email: todayisawesomeemail@gmail.com

04 March 2014

I've Got A Friend!

Hello Everyone!
Happy Tuesday!
It's 5:18 and I haven't slept!
I am working on a project for school but you know what, at least I am working on it!
Progress!
I am still committed to writing in this blog every day, but one person in particular motivated me to write right now.
I am going to use gender neutral pronouns and will refrain from using names to give them privacy.

Anyway, I have made a friend.
They used to go to my school, but they are currently taking a break.
I never really spent time with them before they left.
We both had mutual friends,  but we never had a conversation or spent time together.
I added them as a friend on Facebook, and my news feed began getting filled with pictures supporting those who were recovering from eating disorders.
I immediately began admiring this person.
Finally, at the end of this week, I messaged them saying I thought that they were "Pretty awesome."
It was national eating disorder awareness week, so I thought it was the best time for me to reach out because they had inspired me so much by their posts.

Whoever said that you need to see a person face-to-face to have a connection was a liar.  At least in my case.
I may have only had conversations with this person over messages, but I already feel like I have a friend a person who is there to support me, and I am there to support them.

This is a new and welcomed feeling.

Good sleeps everyone!

Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment